January 22, 2011

Pre-Blessed Food



Okay, first of all, I would like to apologize for making you endure that video, but I found it funny! Then again, I'm a teenager with a horribly corrupt (yes, I just looked up the definition of that word! Thankyou google.) sense of humor.

But really, have you seen some of the infomercials we've got goin' on?? Hey, I've got a great idea; let's all get a Sham-wow! Then, lets go out on the street, use it, and exclaim "WOW!" every 5 seconds! Yikes, I'm tired. I think it's a good idea. But then, I'll need to do that while wearing a Snuggie, of course. I want the leopard print one. I think it'll really make my eyes pop! But then my back side might get chilled. Hmm. Oh! I can even put a Bumpit in my hair! It'll be sky-high, there's no way anyone will be able to ignore me. (If you don't think that I'm a complete freak by now, maybe you should go to a doctor. Just sayin'.)
But seriously, these are such dumb things. Useful in some way, but they act like it's the best thing since sliced bread. We had it coming.
And if you were offended by this, I really don't understand it. We have a right to be made fun of! Everyone gets made fun of. Gays, whites, blacks, Americans, Canadians, vegetarians, athiests, menonites, everyone. Why should we get left out?
There is no way that we can live in a society where Christians are the way they are, and where we can sell anything. There is always someone who will buy into it.
I have to say, they did a good job. Usually, in infomercials, they take something that never had anything wrong with it to begin with, and try to fix it. We all know it's not gonna work! "Since I got preblessed food, ain't nothin' changed!" Exactly. It's quite a unique idea though. Having people buying food, praying over it, and putting it back on shelves. Well done. Now, we have all seen black people praising God. It's just awesome! (I'm not being racist, I call myself white, because me skin is white. Vice versa.) I love their voices, the way they get into it, they are probably some of the coolest people I have ever seen. And you know what? They get made fun of too! I had to laugh so hard at that part, "If you don't want a white guy praying over your food, we've got that too!" It's so ridiculous, it has to be funny. Then, you find these people who are so busy with work and watching tv, that praying is just too much of a hassle. Honestly, this is what we've come to guys. We get so caught up in worldly things that we push God back another step. This is a wake up call, right now. "Inside of every package of pre-blessed food, is 2 tickets to heaven!" I laughed so hard! But have we really come to this? It's like Monopoly, get out of jail free card. It's ridiculous. This "sharing them with your friends and family" thing, should be something we already do! Your ticket to heaven is Jesus Christ. And you can share him with all the people in the world and you'll never run out!
I love Julian Smith. He is hilarious. I don't know where this guy comes up with his ideas, but I think it's great. Watch some more of his videos, you will pee yourself, guaranteed! www.juliansmith.tv
God bless,
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment