January 26, 2011

God Speaks



This is such a powerful song. This isn't the band speaking to you, or a member of the band speaking to their girlfriend, or friend, this is GOD speaking to YOU through them. I know that some of you have heard this song a million times, like me, but never listened to the lyrics. Read the lyrics, listen to the lyrics, and take them to heart. God's asking you, why are you doing all these things? Why are you striving? Why are you trying to earn grace? Why are you crying? Why are you doing all of these things when I'm right here, with open arms, waiting for you to run into them? "Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough?" We all do this, or have done this. Tried to fill that emptiness that only God can fill with something else. Can you even imagine how much his heart aches as he sees you going through all this, without him, trying to find something, anything, that will make it all better? It's not that God can't pull you out of it, it's that he wants you to grow as a person. God can do whatever he wants. Don't doubt him. God's always there for you, at the drop of a hat, he's already there. "Please don't fight these hands that are holding you". God's never let go of you. He's always been there, holding onto you, he doesn't want you to fall. He really doesn't. It's when we let go of him that we hit rock bottom. "When I drank the world's sin so I could carry you in and give you life, I wanna give you life". Jesus died for you. In saying this, he doesn't exclude anyone. Jesus wants all of us! He died a terrible death, this person who had no sin at all, completely whole and pure and perfect, and he took all of our sin upon him. How incredible is that? He wants you to sit by the throne with him. He wants you with him. He doesn't wanna watch you suffer. No way. "I love you, I want you to know, that I, yeah, I love you, I'll never let you go". HE WANTS YOU, HE WANTS US, TO KNOW THAT HE LOVES US. He loves us unconditionally, no matter what. He will give you the greatest love you can ever get. He loves you.
God bless,
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment