January 10, 2011

Hear The Sound

Okay, so in the next two weeks, without my facebook addiction, I will probably be writing quite a bit. I need your prayers guys, seriously. It is an addiction! And I'm starting to think that facebook mobile was created by the devil himself, that is what got me so hooked. This is how often I used to go on facebook: when I woke up, at every break at school, at least 5 times at lunch, after school, go on for an hour in the evening on the computer, on every commercial break while watching tv, sometimes during the tv show, once every half hour from 9 to 11 then usually from 11-11:30. This first day without it has been torture. Yes, I realize how pathetic this sounds. But you don't know how pathetic I feel. This is such a useless thing and all I've thought about all day is how I can't go on it. It doesn't help that I get a bunch of emails from facebook. Stupid technology. Although, there are pros to facebook. I have friends in so many places, some who I only get to see once or twice a year, and it's so awesome to keep in contact with them. If it weren't for facebook, I would definitely not have so many people knowing about my blog, and I love that people are reading what I have to say and getting the Good News all at the same time! I can post bible verses as status's on facebook, and that is always a good thing. Plus I love seeing what people are up to. So, yes, facebook is both a good and bad thing. Maybe it will be like what people say for smokers who are quiting, once you get past the 3 day hump, you can get through the rest? Here's to hoping. Pray for me, please! This is terrible, and I can't help but laugh at my own pain. Oh boy.
I've been thinking a lot about YC Manitoba!!!! We got the list of guests recently and I am just so pumped. I could barely sit still! Bluetree, Unhindered, EPO, Disciple (eep!!), Panic Squad, Remedy Drive, Matt Tapley and Duffy Robbins. I AM SO EXCITED!! Alright, so let me explain. Bluetree was the praise and worship group last year. SO GOOD!! Plus they're Irish, so that never hurts (hehe). Unhindered is a group that I am just discovering now, but they sound like kind of a rock-ish praise and worship group. Sweet stuff. EPO sounds like a really cool organization. They're a variety of urban artists (ex: rap artists, dancers, breakers and dj's) they also use a bunch of different forms of expression, like hip hop, street, funk, graffiti, etc. "Epo" is basically "hope" backwards. They're trying to bring in people who have a backwards view of hope, to view it the right way. So cool. Disciple. Oh man! I am so pumped for this! I've just started listening to them, and they are just fantastic! I really encourage you to listen to their song Dear X, so good! Panic Squad, these guys are just the best. Improv comedy group. Christian. Goof balls. What more can I say?? They are so much fun! Remedy Drive, also a band I am just tuning in to. Matt Tapley and Duffy Robbins are two guys that I have never heard speak, but I always love hearing new speakers! It's gonna be a good year!! The theme this year is "Hear the Sound". Fasten your seat belts! That's all I gotta say.
Last year was my first year and it was just amazing. So many good memories. Thousand Foot Krutch, Manafest, Rapture Ruckus, Bluetree, Preston Centuolo, The Panic Squad, Amanda Falk, so many amazing people, how could you go wrong?!
Anyways, I'm just so pumped for this. I think that you guys should come out for it, it's gonna be a party!
God bless!
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment