January 17, 2011

Lion of God

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today
Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.
That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
-What If I Stumble by DC Talk
Is this you? Does this statement apply to you? I read this a couple days ago, and I couldn't get over the boldness and the truthfulness in it. Have you ever thought about it in this way? Someone once said to me, "Well, I'm Christian, just not all the way Christian." There is no in between with God!!! In Revelation it says "So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth." You're not supposed to be on the fence about God! That's not what he wants. Either you're all for him or all against him. Not somewhere in the middle, because there, you can't really serve him. Maybe I'm completely off with this, and please correct me if I am, but this is what I get out of it. I'm tired of Sunday-Morning-Christians. It sickens me. Am I perfect? No way!!! But I know for a fact I am not a Sunday-Morning-Christian. I spend time with God every day. I try my hardest to build him into my school lifestyle. I try my hardest to live as Jesus lived. Jesus is my role model, no one else. Why? Because he was perfect. Not one flaw. All humans have flaws, but not Jesus. That's why he's the perfect role model. He never messed up. These people I know, they come to church on Sunday, but in church they're still texting and swearing. They leave, they use God's name in vain, they swear, they're disrespectful, they talk dirty, I hate that! And you know what? So does God. I know that for a fact. You think that if you say you believe in God with your mouth, it's all good, you don't have to do anything else. You know what I've learned? Living for God will make your life so hard, BUT it will fulfill you, it will give you life, it will fill you with joy, you will live the best life possible because you will be following God's plan! "The Lord has taught me a hard lesson, but he did not let me die." Psalm 118:18. That right there says that you will go through hard times. Some people commit themselves to Christ and think it's smooth sailing from then on. No way, not even maybe. It's hard. But when you have God on your side, he'll make everything work out. I've always felt like a mistake because my parents had me when they weren't married and when they were very young. But I've realized through the help of some amazing people that, yes, humans make mistakes, but God can take those mistakes and make them work for his good. He took this broken situation and made a beautiful masterpiece. I'm not a mistake. God makes no mistakes. If he didn't intend for me to be here, I wouldn't be on this earth right now. His timing is perfect. No doubt. He knew what I was going to do. He knew that I could help change this world. He knew that I could impact people. He knows. I used to hate my name, just because. I never liked it all throughout grade school and middle school. Now, I love it. I believe that God specifically chose my name for me. Lion of God. That's the meaning of my name. There is no doubt in my mind that God knew that I would serve him with all my heart, mind, soul and strength. When I think of a lion, I think of ferocious, ready to fight, ready to defend, never gives up, protects her cubs. I'm ready to fight. I'm not gonna stop! Now that I'm in this war, I'm going to fight it to the end. And in the end, when I die, I get to live on forever with my daddy in heaven. How could you ever lose this fight?? Your mortality doesn't mean you have to die.



No comments:

Post a Comment