October 26, 2010

The Plan

Ok guys, big, BIG plans for this coming year! First, I want to thank all of you who read my blog. I figured out that facebook groups is a really cool way to get my blog out there, and now more people are connecting with me, which is really cool. But, I want to make it very clear that I'm not trying to become some type of mini celebrity by having people 'like' my blog on facebook. Honestly, I was simply curious who all read it, and this way people will be more connected with my blog instead of having to read all of my statuses (I know there's a lot) to find out when there's a new one.
Okay, drum roll please! (Not joking, hit your desk, tap a pencil, something! This is supposed to be dramatic, people! :) ) I have HUGE plans for this year! I'm definitely trying to raise the bar for young people. Kendra Penner (Kendra Dawn on facebook) and I have a one year plan. Our ultimate goal is to put on a concert with possibly The Letter Black or a different band, all depending on research and time, we want to make and sell t-shirts supporting our cause, and have other stuff to sell too.
Now, I know you're wondering what this cause is, and I'm glad :) Kendra and I are really passionate about helping end human trafficking. Have you ever heard of drug trafficking? Selling drugs. Human trafficking is just that, but selling humans for sex.
Some quick facts:
27 MILLION (not 270, 2700, or 27000, that's 27,000,000!) people are held in slavery worldwide
Human trafficking is growing faster than drugs or weapons
Every 30 SECONDS another person becomes a victim of human trafficking
Children as young as 4 are sex slaves
Girls are forced to service up to 40 men a day
This is crazy. It has to stop. No one should have to go through this, I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy. Think about this, kids as young as 4 years old are having sex with 40 men a day, no choice what so ever. If a girl becomes pregnant and has a baby, they take it away from her so that when they're older, they can be used for sex too. This isn't right, you guys. Not even maybe.
Mine and Kendra's mission is to raise awareness for this. I've talked about living under a rock, once we're done, no one will be under a rock when it comes to human trafficking.
I invite everyone who reads this blog to help, if you feel called to. You can email me at xo_arial_xo@hotmail.com or facebook me. We're going to do a bunch of fundraisers for one year to raise money for the big event. I'd love to hear your ideas for what we could do for fundraisers! Also, if you have any ideas for what types of things we could put on the t-shirts (besides Lyle's picture ;) Lyle, I hope you read this post) give me a shout! I'm open to anything.
The costs are going to be pretty big for two 15 year old girls who don't have jobs. The Letter Black costs an average of $2500 to bring out, plus flights. T-shirts and other accessories I haven't looked up yet, but will soon. The cost of renting the Rec Center would likely be around $500. So we're probably looking at a minimum of $3500 for this event.
Please don't be afraid to contact me!
Blessings,
Ariel







No comments:

Post a Comment