March 28, 2011

WWJD

What makes a "Christian"? I honestly hate that label. I hate that label for the same reason that some people hate us. Do you know why people hate us? Because we are a bunch of hypocrites. I really do not think that people who follow Christ have to be perfect in any way, but once you know Christ, your life has to change. God in you will change your life.
Picture this: I've had God in my life for a while, I'm dropping F-bombs all over the place, I'm drinking and partying, I'm disrespectful to the people around me, I disobey the rules set out for me, I'm always showing PDA with my boyfriend, who, by the way, there is a new one every 2 weeks, BUT I read my bible, and I pray, that counts, doesn't it? I pray for God to forgive my sins, but then I go and do it all again. I mean, he's going to forgive me no matter what, right?
Wrong. We, as followers of Christ, need to get our heads out of our butts. There's no more time to be a luke warm Christian!!! There. Is. No. More. Time. Do you understand me? Jesus is coming again! We don't know when, we just know he is. If Jesus came tomorrow, where would you be going? Would he look at you and say, "I love you, I'm proud of you, your work is finished, come be with me forever." Or would he say, "I love you, but I'm disappointed. You didn't listen to me, you listened to the world. You cannot be with me." Think about this. It's not a joke. Claiming to be a "Christian" is not a joke. Yes, everyone makes mistakes. I make tons of them. But God does open my eyes to them, and I realize what I've just done, and it hurts me. There are some sins that are very hard to repent from, and that stupid voice in the back of my head says, "One time won't hurt." But it does. I need to recognize that voice and throw it out of my mind because that is not the voice of God.
So, are you going to go where God's voice leads you, or are you going to go where the world leads you? In every decision you make, you have to decide who's more important: you or God. Who's needs are more important? Who knows best? God, duh. Obviously. But it's hard to shut out the voice of the world. This is something I need to remember, and when I think of it, it helps me millions: WWJD? What would Jesus do? If Jesus wouldn't do it, then more than likely, you shouldn't be doing it either. Now think of this: if Jesus was here in the flesh, standing, sitting, walking, right beside you, would you still make the same choices? Probably not, because he's actually there. But the reality is, he is actually there! He is right beside you, right there with you in every single move you make. Sometimes you can't feel him, and you can't see him, but he is there. Sometimes I do feel him there with me, and that is the most comforting thing. I have felt him sitting beside me, I have felt his arms around me, I have felt him sit down at the end of my bed. No, not completely physically, but I felt his presence, and I knew where he was. I knew what he was doing, whether holding me or listening to me or just watching me. He is incredible, and I wouldn't want to go one step without him. It's a hard thing to do, but who ever said it was going to be easy? It is not going to be easy. I have experienced it first hand.
I'm not trying to be mean, but I am very tired of seeing luke warm Christians. I hurt for you guys, it hurts me to hear what you say, see what you do, yet still claim the name of Christ. I wish that I could just shake you and yell in your ear and make you understand! And I can imagine that God wants to do the same. If ANYONE ever needs/wants to talk, I'm all ears. Email me: xo_arial_xo@hotmail.com. Facebook me: click on the link on the right side of the page, I am the administrator of the facebook page, add me as a friend. Come see me in person. I would love to talk to you guys and maybe even make some new friends in the proccess.
God bless,
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment