March 14, 2011

Hold On

I don't know if you guys realize it, but you have a front row seat in seeing my life, my thoughts. I was talking with a very good friend of mine who I love SO MUCH, you know who you are, and I realized how she knows so much about me. I read a devotion last night about how nothing that happens in your life is a coincidence or has no meaning, because if something is a coincidence, then that means that you don't think that God's in control. He does everything for your good. She is definitely in my life for a reason. All of the people in my life are here for a reason, and I love you guys so much. I am forever grateful for your continual support and open minds and love! Even if I don't know you that well, I am so grateful for you even taking one second out of your day to say hi to me. It does more than you know. I saw a quote yesterday, "You know my name, not my story." This is true for me. Every person who has ever done something to hurt me, and there have been a lot, cuts a little deeper into the forever growing wound. And it hurts me. But what Jesus does is he puts his hand over that wound, and he lets me feel him and he lets me cry out to him and he just listens, and he makes me thirst for him, he makes me want him, and once the wound has healed, he never takes his hand off. He just holds it there, reminding me what he has done in my life. And once I'm done all my crying, he takes my hand in his, and he helps me up, he lifts me up, and he just keeps on holding my hand. I can feel him right beside me, he knows my heart, he knows the pain I've felt, he knows what I feel, he knows everything about me, and he loves me so much. He paid for me because he thought I was that precious. I am battered and bruised but he still thinks that I have worth and that, after he polishes me up a little bit, I'll still work. No, I'm no longer perfect, I've got scratches and pieces missing, but with his help, I can still do my job. Let him show you how much you mean to him, just like he has with me. You just have to say one word. Yes.
God bless,
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment