December 28, 2010

You Are More

I feel the need to post this. My whole life, I've had people trying to change me. I remember in grade 3 or 4, my friends would take me out to the play ground, say they needed to talk to me, tell me what I was doing that they didn't like, and tell me to either change it or we wouldn't be friends anymore. I don't remember a lot of my childhood. The other day, I got the shock of finding out I have a half sister. After 15 years of being alive, and I only find out now. She's a year older than me. I went through every single emotion possible in the 24 hours following. It was a crazy time, and I still can't wrap my mind around it, but I'm very excited. I met her when I was three, she was four, I don't remember that. I don't remember much from before I was 12, grade 7. There were some very traumatic things that happened in that year, and that's why I don't remember much before it. Bits and pieces, yes, but I don't have a lot of memories from back then. Is that normal? I have no idea what normal is anymore.
I am done with being changed. There is one person and one person only who I'm willing to change for, and that is my Daddy in heaven. I know that he does want me to change to be more like his son, Jesus is our role model. But I know that he loves me no matter what. I love that.
I do not like meat. This is something that people have been bugging me about the past year. Everyone has different tastes. I realize that God made animals for us to eat, I respect that, I'm not refusing to eat them because of some religious rule or anything, I'm refusing to eat them because I don't like the taste or texture of them. Completely different than not respecting that God made these for us to eat. So, I would appreciate if everyone would shut up and stop harassing me to eat meat, respect my wishes.
I hate it when people talk about me behind my back, so stop it. Especially when I can hear you. It's stupid, really, if you can say it behind my back, you can say it to my face. I'm tired of people mistreating me. Yes, I have gossiped before. I'm not perfect in any way. I know that. But I'm trying really hard to stop, I probably have and will slip up at times, but I'm only human. No child of the King deserves to be treated in that way.
I'm tired of being compared to people. I have a friend who seems to be the perfect daughter. She cooks supper every night for her family and loves it, she makes lunch for her brother every day, she would rather stay at home and watch a movie with her mom than go out with friends. I'm an entirely different person. People are going to have to start accepting me for me, and not comparing me to others. It's stupid, because there are many people I could never measure up to, because I'm not them, I don't have the same mind set as them, I wasn't raised the same way, I don't have the same likes and dislikes, I don't have the same opinions. I'm a unique person, and I love that.
I love helping people. People are my passion. Hang out with me long enough and you'll learn that. I love organizing fundraisers. The earthquake in Haiti got the ball rolling. God makes good come out of everything. If that hadn't happened, I might have never figured out that passion. Haiti helped me find out what I may want to do for the rest of my life. I care about and love the people in Haiti very much, I love the Red Cross for what they do in helping everyone in every situation. I care about the people in my community. I did a fundraiser for a boy in town who's going blind, they have a big family, and they needed some help financially. I was SO happy that they asked me to help! It was fun, and I loved seeing the pure joy on their faces from the results. I don't need my name or face in the paper, that's all I need, those looks of joy. I'm not telling you this to get praise from you or for you to think I'm a good person or whatever, I'm telling you this because this is who I am. I love helping people. I'll help in whatever way I can. Praise be to God, hallelujah!
I love to write! Quite obviously. I love putting my feelings out here, I love being heard, I love my readers! It makes me so happy to see people from all around the world reading what I have to say. This is definitely a gift from God, no doubt about it!
Canada 440
United States 102
United Kingdom 11
New Zealand 7
Germany 2
Denmark 2
Slovenia 2
Serbia 1
Russia 1
Singapore 1
These are the places and the amount of people from each place that have read my blog. PRAISE GOD! This is a crazy amount of countries and a crazy amount of people. Way beyond my wildest dreams! So thank YOU guys, for reading and listening to me rant on and on. My favorite thing is to get emails about how much people liked one of my posts, that's what keeps me going. Not the fact that all these people are reading, but the fact that people are getting something out of it. It's truly amazing, you guys. I love you all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4NTHkJ27nQ&feature=fvst <---watch this video. Don't just listen to the song, but watch the video. It describes my feelings so perfectly right now, and it brought tears to my eyes. I love you Jenny, and thank you for sending this to me!
Blessings,
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment