December 13, 2010

Love

For the past little while I've felt overwhelming love. Being given to me and my love for others. I've wanted to talk about love for a long time, but I could never find the words. Love is just that amazing. It leaves you speechless. It's indescribable. And we all want it. That's one of the number one things that Jesus asks you to do. "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13
I've felt so much love from people. I had been asking God to just show me that he loves me. Somehow, I just want to feel his love for me. I didn't realize it at the time, but I think that this is his way of showing me how much he loves me. The topic of me being baptised came up during English one day. Two friends of mine, who are awesome friends but I'm not super close with, said that they would love to come and support me on that day. That was so special. That they cared enough to go out of their way and come to my baptism. I did not expect that, and it was the highlight of my day.
My sister, Jenny, has poured out so much love on me. And I love her so much!!! I've never had a big sister before. The first time that we ever really talked, I was having a rough week, and she just talked and prayed with me. She loved me. Even though we had never really talked before, she loved me. Now, we do think of each other as sisters. Sisters in Christ! God is so good! I go to her with so much. It's so comforting to know that she's praying for me, that she cares so much about me. And I can't even explain the love that I feel for her. I think that when two people bond through Jesus, it's such a strong bond. It can't be broken. I was having a really bad week, and I get a message from her in the morning saying that she loves me and is praying for me and hopes I have a sweet day. That was the best day I had that week. And in a long time. Knowing that she was thinking about me and feeling that love, so unexpected, was just the most awesome feeling.
In this year, I've been trying to get reconnected with my family. I didn't have a lot to do with my dad's side throughout my childhood, and now I'm really trying. I feel so much love from them and for them. It's completely God's timing, I fully believe that.
I cracked at school this last week. I had a really overwhelming afternoon, dealing with personal stuff, friend stuff and school stuff. By the end of the day I was walking up the stairs and the flood gates opened. I really didn't want them to, and I was trying to stop crying, but my best friend saw me, and she came over and hugged me. Love. Then a teacher came out of his classroom, asked if I was okay, asked if he could do anything. Love. Another teacher asked if I was okay, and later came back, talked to me a bit more, asked if I wanted to see the guidance counsellor, and said he wasn't trying to be a creep, he was just worried. Love.
God has very recently blessed me with an overwhelming feeling of love for others. I think that this is only a fraction of what he feels for each individual person that he's created, I can't even imagine his love for us! Imagine this: The person on this earth that you love most. Picture their face, now, picture them hanging on a cross, being crucified. Hard, isn't it? Painful. That's what God did for us. He gave us his beloved son for our sins. I can't even imagine the pain he felt when Jesus was hung on that cross.
I have some friends who I feel incredible love for. I can't even begin to explain it. I cry so hard for them, I want them to do good, I want them to have the best life possible, I want to just protect them from everything, but I know I can't. When they hurt, I see it, and I hurt too. I think that God's revealed this love to me for a reason. I don't know that reason yet, but I can't wait to find out!
Personally, all I've ever wanted is love. I love love! I love giving love, I love receiving love! It's the most amazing feeling in the world! You don't have to be cheap with it guys, give out all the love you can. I'm begging you.
Blessings,
Ariel

1 comment:

  1. God made us to receive His love and to share His love with others. Only makes sense that you would love love so much! :)

    PS Love ya!

    ReplyDelete