November 21, 2010

Tick, tick, tick...

Okay, this blog post is most likely going to be very much out of anger. Unless you'd rather call it passion. Or some other word.  Either way, brace yourselves, I am a ticking time bomb right now...
First off, I am going to be a rebel for God. Whether you like it or not. People have certain opinions, but when they try to tie those opinions in with things in the bible, that are not right, that is a huge pet peeve of mine. I will get angry. I will snap. My head may blow off of my body. Just saying. I am going to get tattoos. Pretty sure no one's going to change that. I don't want to be like everyone else. I want to be unique. Having a tattoo can open a door. That door being someone asking, "What does your tattoo mean to you?" Huge door. I love that door. People tend to think that all Christians have to be little goody-two-shoes, good little Church goers. Um, k, we're people, not clones. (P.S., I am just a tad ticked off, if you have not already noticed) When people look at me in the future, they'll probably say, "she doesn't look like a Christian" and label me right off the bat. I'm going to break the chain. Your looks don't define who you are. Your body is your outer shell. I am going to have piercings and tattoos. I may dress in crazy clothes or have crazy hair. I have no idea what I'm going to do! But that's what I love. The unpredictability of it. I just want to have fun. But, if something does not honour God, I'm not going to do it. Let's get that clear right now. My life is not my own, but God's. Part of the reason I want to get tattoos is to open that door. But I also want to be able to look at my arm in a time of troubles and see and encouraging verse that will keep me hanging on. This is my opinion. My personal view point. It is not right or wrong. This is just who I am. I might have said something dumb in there. I have no idea, but please don't fight me on this. Don't try to change me. It's not going to happen. And I will get very angry, and I will blow up. Again, just saying.
Also, girls, I have a bone to pick with you. Read closely. I'm not talking to anyone in particular (except the women, of course). This may not even apply to you. But I feel that it's necessary. At the start of the summer, I really wasn't sure why WBC had such a strict dress code. No cleavage, no bra straps, shorts have to have a 3 inch in-seam, no bikinis, etc. (Not sure what the guy's code was, seeing as I'm not a dude) But since then, I've had numerous opportunities to see into the mind of a male. At camp the girls got to ask the guy leaders questions, and vise versa. I went to a Healthy Sexuality youth thing. Everyone you talk to, will tell you that guys are incredibly visual. Now I get why the dress code was so strict. Apparently, some guys can get turned on by something, what girls see as a little thing, like bra straps. So girls, now it comes to our job. COVER UP!!!!!!! It really is as simple as that. If your tank top goes just a bit too low that you can see cleavage, wear an under shirt. If you have to keep tugging at your shorts to cover up your butt, chances are, your shorts are too short. If you're uncomfortable or self conscious in anything you're wearing, you probably shouldn't be wearing it. Wow, logical, isn't it? I honestly don't know how girls can be so comfortable with having half of their boobs hanging out of their shirt. a) it's not attractive at all and b) it does not look comfortable. Yet I see it all the time at school. You want your boyfriend to stop pressuring you to have sex? Stop dressing slutty. Never would've guessed that one, would ya? (If you haven't caught the sarcasm in this text yet, I'm incredibly sorry. I'm sure I'll get a slap from someone for this post.)
Wow, it feels good to get that out of my system. I'm sure there will be some chuckles at this post. There usually are when I get worked up. This really wasn't a "big deal" post, but really just something I felt that I needed to get out there.
God bless you guys,
Ariel

8 comments:

  1. So what, the poor little boys can't control their own eyes?
    If boys really are that horribly attracted to sexual things, I feel sorry for all the tribes in which NOBODY wears clothing. Those guys must be going INSANE with all those breasts and all that skin everywhere!
    I agree, having your cleavage hang out for no reason is just dumb.
    But guys need to learn to control THEMSELVES, too. We can't baby them forever. They have to man up, and look away.
    If we keep doing it for them, how are they ever going to learn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite honestly, I think that modesty looks best. I have no problem with a dress that has a low back, or a sexy shirt or something every once in a while, but to do it all the time is really not necessary and very annoying at times. I had a couple of my guy friends THANK me because of this blog, because they completely agreed with what i said, and they said that some girls just don't get it. I try to understand what they go through as much as I can, because I don't have the same mind set as they do, I don't see the same things they do, and I want to know what they're all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at it this way.
    If someone comes up to you in a restaurant and says "Sorry, but can I ask you to not eat that spaghetti here? I can't stand the sight of those noodles, they make me vomit."
    Would you stop eating spaghetti? Or would you tell the guy to man up and NOT LOOK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guy friend just gave me this example: you know how girls care about what people think about them? Like if they're called fat or ugly or something, they freak out? Guys don't really care about what people think of their image. They get a little bit why girls freak out, but not completely. Just like we don't get how hard it is for guys to look away. We can't judge them if we don't know how it is for them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the thing about tattoos is so true!!! God gives us different personalities for a reason! The problem is this is a gray area. Some people believe that appearance of evil means EVERYTHING that world does but that is not true!! If that was the case we couldn't wear things in style(that are appropriate) or cut and dye our hair. Some people just take things to one extreme but on the other hand we have to be careful to not go overboard with the desire that we have. I have a tattoo and I am a mom and youth leader and I find it as a witness. I will probably get another one and I always am dying my hair in different ways. I will not change that because I believe the person God made me is meant to be this way! AMEN!!! Praying for you and your witness!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure, it's hard for guys to look away. Because they've been taught that the women have to "cover up" and do it FOR them.
    If it's so ingrained in their boy-ness, then why aren't men/boys in other cultures totally screwed up?
    North America has over-sexed the female body.
    I agree, I don't think it's SOO HAWT to walk around with my breasts hanging out, but I also don't think that it should be TOTALLY up to girls to deal with this.

    If you're an alcoholic, you can't go into a bar and tell them to stop selling alcohol because it's tempting you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this is what I'm saying, we don't have the same mind set as them, so we can't judge them. Unless you know what they think and what they go through, you can't tell them what to do or not to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ariel:
    Your time here in this world is precious, don't let anyone or anything waste it.

    Your blog is interesting, and, I don't know how much you value my opinion or what I say, but one thing I believe I can honestly say about you, in a good way, is that Christ is not bored with you. Enjoy and take care
    George

    ReplyDelete