March 31, 2012

This Is Me

I don't wear a lot of makeup. I don't have big boobs or a butt or any curves for that matter. I don't wear bikinis in the summer. I don't let my back show when I bend over. I don't wear low cut shirts. I don't wear shorts so short that they could easily be mistaken for underwear. I don't let my bra show, not even my bra straps. I don't give the middle finger. I don't swear like a truck driver. I don't pose seductively in pictures. I don't let my cleavage hang out. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't party every weekend. I don't do drugs. I don't go against my parents. I would take a Friday evening of feeding and hanging out with a bunch of homeless people over going to a party any day. I don't flirt with every guy I come in contact with. I don't say yes to just any guy. I don't hang all over guys. I won't take pictures of me and my boyfriend making out. I won't let him take advantage of me. I won't have sex with him until he puts a ring on my finger. I won't even give him a chance if he does not love God more than he loves me.
And if all that stuff that I do or do not do makes me undesirable, then so be it. I am sick and tired of seeing the girls who wear layers of makeup and not enough layers of clothing having all the guys wanting them. I'm not like those girls, and I don't want those guys. But does that mean that I don't like to feel wanted? I'm still human. I'm just sayin', this is me, this is who I am. I am the daughter of the most high King, that makes me a princess. So if all these qualities I have makes me undesirable or not attractive or unwanted, then so be it. One day, my prince will come.
God bless,
Ariel
I'm not the prettiest, I'm not the most fun to be around, I'm not the coolest, but hey, I'm not changing for no one. This is what we've got, and God doesn't make any mistakes. This is me.

4 comments:

  1. I hate it when I'm talking to a girl and I feel like I can't look at her because of what she's wearing. Especially if she's a Christian. I wish more girls would dare to be different from society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that comment...I really appreciate being able to see into a guy's mind so I can try to understand where they're coming from. And thanks for respecting yourself and the women around you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said and done!!! That is an awesome and humble way to explain what God has intended for His girls to be. You should be proud. I love this saying by Maya Angelou: "A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her"... May the Lord watch over you and give you strength. You will face difficulty to stand for Christ, but He will be right by your side always. God bless you. Peace, Chris G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list of standards, Ariel. I pray God continues to cultivate those standards and gives you the strength Himself to follow through with every word you mentioned, girl. I think one of the enemy's biggest lies is that if we do X,Y,& Z we won't be lonely (like obsessively wearing makeup everyday, wearing next to nothing, acting lasciviously, mirroring the world, etc.) That can get us attention as females, it can salve the pain of loneliness temporarily, but who will our company be who fills that spot of loneliness? Will it attract the RIGHT people into our lives? Probably not. If you have one Godly friend who supports your relationship with God, you're doing better than the girl who has a dozen men hanging off of her who expects her to compromise her values. I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete